11 first-ever Michelin Stars in Dubai have been revealed!
The first-ever Michelin Stars in Dubai have been unveiled! Foodies, get your bookings in quick because we’re sure these stars are going to be fully booked for a while.
Who received this prestigious recognition?
On its inaugural edition of the MICHELIN Guide Dubai 2022, 2 restaurants got 2 Michelin Stars, and 9 restaurants got 1 Michelin Star! That’s a Michelin star restaurant for you to try almost every month of the year!
During an exclusive ceremony on June 21 at Dubai Opera, the inspectors bestowed this award to a selection of stars after months of evaluating the kaleidoscopic culinary map of Dubai.
- The quality of the ingredients
- The mastery of cooking
- The harmony of flavours
- The personality of the chef reflected through the cuisine
- The consistency both over time and across the entire menu
Let’s raise a toast to the two 2 Michelin Star restaurants
And a round of applause for the nine 1 Michelin Star restaurants
- 11 Woodfire, Jumeirah
- Al Muntaha, Burj Al Arab
- Armani/Ristorante, Armani Hotel Dubai
- Hakkasan, Atlantis, The Palm
- Höseki, Bulgari Dubai
- Ossiano, Atlantis, The Palm
- Tasca by José Avillez, Mandarin Oriental Jumeira Dubai
- Torno Subito, W The Palm
- Trèsind Studio, Nakheel Mall Rooftop
But wait, there’s more!
14 restaurants were recognized as The Bib Gourmand winners! (a.k.a. The best value-for-money)
- Al Khayma
- Bait Maryam
- Brasserie Boulud
- GoldfishIbn Albahr
- Ibn AlBahr
- Indya by Vineet
- Orfali Bros
- REIF Japanese Kushiyaki
And one more! One restaurant was awarded a Michelin Green Star for sustainable gastronomy
The awards don’t end there. Other awesome awards included
- Talented Young Chef Award: Solemann Haddad, Moonrise
- Sommelier Award: Danijela Tesic, Ossiano, Atlantis, The Palm
- Welcome and Service Award: Bait Maryam
If that's not enough, the inaugural selection also recommended a total of 69 restaurants in the city!
Picking the perfect restaurant for a birthday, anniversary, or any occasion will never be a problem again. From opulent and elegant, to effortlessly simple, Dubai proves it's a gastronomic landscape that can’t be missed!